You’re on the path to success, focused, on task and driven by intention when suddenly, out of the blue you find yourself screwing up big time.
It’s happened more than once. In fact, it happens again and again. WHY?
What is it that takes you off your winning game?
What distracts you?
What’s that one thing that takes you off your success path and leads down the slippery slope of mediocrity and regret??
In other words, What Takes You Out?!
Answer this question and it can unlock the door to taking your success to the next level.
“We gain the strength of the temptation we resist.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
EXPOSE: Certainly one of the most important and yet elusive elements in the Mindset Success Formula is the ability to get and stay focused.
Staying on task with your goals and objectives, the ability to keep your head in the game and not allow what I call the Dragon of Temptation to distract you or lead you astray, is critical to building the LIFE you want.
Maybe you’re goal right now is to get in great shape for summer. You’ve written it down and in your mind and heart you are well on your way but before you even make to the gym the Dragon steps in and threatens to take you out. Maybe it’s…
- The Burger King #2 combo with cheese, super sized fries and a diet coke and most importantly how you feel about yourself after inhaling it? (For the third time this week).
- Or maybe it’s a couple of shots of Crown Royal
- Too much “medicinal” weed
- Negative self talk
- Not enough time… or too much time, on Facebook, Youtube or some other social media distraction
And what if you are one of the disciplined few that actually make it to the gym. What takes you out there?
- Maybe it’s the hot blondes with big boobs working out in next to nothing that take you off your game
- Or the tan dudes with huge muscles strutting around
- It could be the crappy music they’re always playing (I hater that!)
- Or perhaps it’s all the dirty equipment
- Or the jack a$$ wanna-be who’s always grunting to freaking loud (wait… is that you?)
- Or maybe its just good old fear, doubt or uncertainty
CONQUER: You can’t afford to let little unimportant crap take you off your mental game. It’s time to recognize and neutralize your Dragon before it neutralizes you.
- Start by making a mental note of how it takes you out on a habitual basis. You need to know what the Dragon knows about your weakness.
- Create a strategy for avoiding or neutralizing the Dragons tactics. If for example there are way too many blonds with big boobs and or muscle heads working out at your gym and that takes you out… find a new freaking gym. Or learn to be inspired by others with the commitment it takes to look that freaking good.
- Start a success journal to keep track of what works and what doesn’t work. Quite often we can labor under the illusion that we’re only indulging in the negative behavior, thoughts or habits every now and then (and that can’t be too bad) until we’re slapped in the face with the reality that it’s actually twice a day every a day. And that will hurt your success odds.
You should be in charge of you success in and out of the gym and with the rest of your life, not the Dragon, so take charge already and I’ll see you in the winner’s circle.